Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm homesick

and also sick sick. Which might have something to do with the homesick bit.

Whenever I'm sick, I still want my mum.

And someone to hold my head in their lap and stroke it softly and say, "poor, poor thing."

As it is, Aneita brought me toast and Felicity brought me electrolyte powder and Tiph said she'd check in on me and sigh. At least I get to be sick under a mosquito net which makes me feel infinitely more romantically pathetic - always a plus when sick.

Mostly I'm just tired - with body aches and stomach cramps. It's hard to tell if I have a fever or not because as Aneita said, here our foreheads are always hot and our skin is always clammy so it's hard to tell the difference between normal and not.

But whatever I have seems to be going around - so many people are sick now, but for the most part they recover in a few days, so there's hope.

And as it seems to happen to everyone, I've decided to look on being sick as a rite of passage for being in India. This just means that I'm really here. Right?

I still want my mum. :)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

hope you feel better soon.
did you like mama mia? i thought it was cheesy, corny & highly entertaining. i was laughing so hard i was crying by how bad pierce brosnan or whatever his name is was singing.

junsue said...

I'm really sorry your sick. :( Doesn't your magic bag of pills have something to help you? Do you know anything about sleeping aids?
SueLynn

blythe said...

OOOh OOOh OOOOh Kate, how I wish I was there in person to hold your head and be your mom. But know I am there in spirit.
mum
PS: we are home and so is the dog. but I think he misses SArah.